• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting 60/40 Perforated Vinyl on Mimaki UCJV 300 - 160

Hello all...I am new to the sign business but have been in the Graphic Design industry for years. I work at a start-up sign company as the only employee so at times it can get hard when I don't know what's going wrong with the machine. I am trying to print and cut 60/40 perforated vinyl and unsure of what settings to use for cutting. I have had issues with the registration marks and the cut getting skewed as it goes along. Is this a pinch roller issue? If so, what settings should I use for this particular vinyl? I know it's a guessing game sometimes, but I don't even know where to start to resolve the issue. Any help is appreciated.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I would be more concerned with the printing aspect, have you printed perf on that machine before?

We haven't been able to get ours to print perf without curing ink in the holes.

Yeah we actually had that issue too! But we found the solution - you have to use a dual layer vinyl. Solved the printing problem completely. Prevents it from curing in the holes.

GamecockGrafx

I don't use a Mimaki, but have printed several dozen rolls of Perf on my HP Latex. However, I was always under the impression that this stuff had to be cut by hand - the holes in the perf would cause issues with cutter movements. I've never tried, but thinking I should....hmmm....