• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutting channel posts

iSign

I made about 40 cuts last night with THIS set-up. The UniStrut material is not quite as thick as the 2-1/2 ft/lb U-Channel, but about the same as the 1-1/2 ft/lb stock...

I'm not sure what Pat uses that lasts forever, but my cut-off wheel made about 25 cuts & it was toast.

With a real high RPM metal chop saw, like the Evolution Raptor, you can get a $100 blade & get a lot more cuts per dollar... but you need to buy the saw & the blade first. I was going to get a low RPM metal saw because of the nice clamp for your work... but I decided to just get a couple metal abrasion wheels for $5 ea & throw them in the chop saw I already had... what's a few thousand sparks tickling your arm anyway?

signage

Low RPM Metal cutoff

I would recommend one of these type of metal cut-off saws they do a much better job! See attachment.

Attachments

• Metal cutoff saw.jpg
    Metal cutoff saw.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 141

gvozden

Somebody erase my previous post...well we cut all metal with one of these...
realife pic :)
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]
just read rules about posting pic.. sorry

Last edited: