• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting end caps for alumacore

SCOTTD

Does anyone have a quick way to cut the plastic end caps that go on the outside edges of corrugated aluminum boards.

I have a bunch to do and the scissors method is way too slow..

thanks

SCOTTD

Notcher

definately cool but a little too $$$ for my blood don't you know us sign people are cheap skates!!!

Jillbeans

I just use a sturdy Stanley knife.
I hold it at an angle for the corners and whoosh!
For straight cuts I score and snap.
And yes I always cut myself at least once and bleed all over the Alumalite.
Even a good snap-off blade knife will do
(not the small ones, the utility size ones)
They cost about $1.
Love....Jill

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
You concider $155.00 a lot of money? Cincider the time that you will waste by trying to find a tool to do what you want to do.

Try this, try that. Edge cap does not fit. You break it. Blah Blah Blah...........

We've had one of these for 15+ years!

Saves a lot of time...................

Remember an old saying!

Time is money!

encadtech

Go down to Lowes or Home Depot - Find the Plumbing Section - They will have a red handled PVC cutter that is used to cut 1" or smaller PVC - it works great on pvc caps and on sign hanging kits. It should be in the 10-15 dollar range

Pat Whatley

Go down to Lowes or Home Depot - Find the Plumbing Section - They will have a red handled PVC cutter that is used to cut 1" or smaller PVC - it works great on pvc caps and on sign hanging kits. It should be in the 10-15 dollar range

Wouldn't that just crush the edge trim?

We bought one of these years ago and it's done a beautiful job ever since. It's a mini chop saw. We've cut several cases of edge trim, way too much aluminum picture frame molding, and a lot of conduit and it's still on the original blade. For $28 it's hard to beat.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=42307