• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Long Strips of vinyl

Stevealex

Hello, I have a client that needs several 24ft by 2in long stripes of cut vinyl. I am having difficulty keeping the vinyl from slipping off the push rollers while its feeding such a long piece.:doh: ive tried setting it as sheet and as roll and providing as much slack as i can but it still seems to slip alot. Does anyone have a suggestion on cutting long strips?

Thank you

Ponto

...set the rollers in from the edge......slow the cutting speed down.....clean the pinch and the grit rollers.......cross your fingers.......

JP

Mosh

Find someone with a gerber sproket feed plotter, you can cut them 150 feet long on them...

Or get a slitter.

Kottwitz-Graphics

What is several?

A couple, do it by hand.... more than a 6 or 8, do it by hand, but charge a premium...

Like Mosh said, the only way to get long strips is a sprocket fed plotter.

Stevealex

Cool thx, I thought about doin it by hand but I Figured it would be more time consuming. It may be my best option at the moment though.

heyskull

I just get my vinyl supplier to cut me stripes on a roll.
I wouldn't trust any friction fed plotter to cut that length.

SC