• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Master 3

JamieG

I just moved offices and need to change the computer that is attached to our Graphtec CE5000 cutter. I downloaded the new cutting master 3 as well as the updated drivers for the cutter. I also updated the firmware to the most current version off of Graphtecs website. The problem I am having is when I send a job from CorelDraw to Cutting master I get an error that says "Could not connect to CorelDRAW" . I have tried sending the job from X6 as well as X5 with no luck

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try running Corel as an administrator. You just right click on the icon that opens Corel and choose "Run as Administrator".

Jillbeans

See if you still have the old cutting master install setup in your Downloads folder and install that.
Love....Jill

JamieG

See if you still have the old cutting master install setup in your Downloads folder and install that.
Love....Jill

Unfortunately the computer we were using for cutting master is no longer in use so I am trying to set it up on mine which has never had it before. I did have a copy of cutting master 2 that I tried initially but couldnt get it to work either. I just sent an email to Graphtec so hopefully we can get something figured out because I have been down for a week now

Thanks
Jamie
Worksite Signs

Jillbeans

That stinks.
I often get the "no active document" error in X5.
Sometimes a re-start will work but not always.
(I realize this doesn't apply to your problem)
I downloaded cutting master 3 and while it did install, it is so completely changed from the 2.83 (or 2.81) that I was using that I re-installed the older version.
Luckily I still had the set-up file.

JamieG

So just a quick update. I emailed graphtec who recommended that I reinstall CM3. I did this this morning and was able to get my cutter working with X5 but not X6. The other recommendation that graphtec had was to reinstall X6. So this afternoon I decided to give this a try and it ended up being completely corrupted and the uninstaller wouldnt work at all. I spent a couple of hours on the phone with COREL doing a remote assistance and a manual removal with the tech deleting the program. We found out that its a windows issue so tomorrow I will start the long process installing a fresh version of windows and starting all over again.

Thanks to everyone for the help