• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Master for Coreldraw X5. When?

stitchup

Am I going over old ground with this post?

Anyway, when will a new Cutting Master software be released for use with Coreldraw X5?

Cheers

ohn

stitchup

Yes. They simply stated the existing Cutting Master 2 is NOT compatible with X5 but failed to indicate when, or indeed if there was going to be a new version that will work!

Cheers

John

Compilla

I don't think you will see corel X5 support for a while because Corel does not immediately release the code outside developers to use.

:(

stitchup

I don't think you will see corel X5 support for a while because Corel does not immediately release the code outside developers to use.

:(
I guess they have their reasons but, for me, X5 is useless as I can't use it with my Graphtec cutter - no point upgrading!

B Snyder

If X5 has features you could use in the design stage why not install both and just use the older program for outputting?

stitchup

If X5 has features you could use in the design stage why not install both and just use the older program for outputting?

To be honest, I haven't properly looked at X5 yet. I did download the trial and would upgrade if it worked with my Graphtec but it doesn't. Files saved in X5 won't open in X4 - yes, I guess I could save in an earlier format and output using X4.

But might just as well wait - no hurry.

John

SignManiac

To avoid earlier version issues, I export every file as .cmx and any version will open your file. At least it's worked for me that way. I have X3 on my plotter box and just upgraded my design box to X5

B Snyder

SignManiac,
Do you know what the differences are between how a CMX file and a CDR file are saved? The only difference I ever noticed is that the page size is not saved in a CMX file but I figure there has got to be more to it than that.

SignManiac

I have never noticed any significant difference. I export all of my corel files daily to our production computer as .cmx and nothing changes except the page size as you say.

Compilla

I am not finding that version on Graphtec's website

They only have 2 v1.60

"Cutting Master 2 v1.60 plug-in to CorelDraw X4 & Illustrator 10-CS4 "

stitchup

I'll try and upload the zip file I previously downloaded - strange it isn't at the Graphtec site!

I discovered V1.7 WOULD NOT install if Skype was running on my PC!

I'll post the link when it's finished uploading.

John

Last edited: