• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Mountable Fabric with FC8000-130

cmilford

I'm needing some feedback on which cutting blades work well to cut mountable fabric using an FC8000-130. The fabric is PhotoTex Mountable Fabric. I have tried to cut it using the standard CB09UA blade with the blue holder, but the fabric frays and even with two cuts doesn't get cut all the way in some places (mainly corners). Graphtec's support guy has suggested switching to the CB15UA blade or CB15UA-k30 blade, but isn't entirely sure since he hasn't tried it himself, and we's like to see some feedback before randomly ordering things! Thank's in advance for your help!

jasonx

Put in a new blade and set the cutting speed to like 20-30.

Still get a few frays here and there.

cmilford

Thanks Jason! Any particular blade? We're trying to figure out which blade to order since our standard blade isn't quite working...

Here is Graphtec test on Photo Tex -
FC8000, force at 28 with the correct blade length, on the FC2250, force set to the 30, the extra force is to keep the head down so it won’t skip any threats.
The key is to dial the blade to the right length.
We used both the cb09u and the 15u blades and both work well
The settings should work for either the 7000 or 8000 machines. Both have the same cutting force and speeds. Make sure they have a new blade, Proper blade extension, and dial both the blade and the force to the desired cutting range. If this is the 7000mk2 they have an auto blade adjust that may help if they use the function. Which blade holder and blade are they using?

cmilford

Ooo... Well, it definetly cut through all the threads and didn't fray... But it also cut through the backing... I guess we'll have to experiment with app tape to make it work... :Oops:

jasonx

Ooo... Well, it definetly cut through all the threads and didn't fray... But it also cut through the backing... I guess we'll have to experiment with app tape to make it work... :Oops:

I use a force of 11 or 12 with a new blade and a .5mm blade extension.

I use a force of 28 maybe with laminated graphics so not sure where that comes from.

Bill Modzel

"The key is to dial the blade to the right length."

If the blade depth is set correctly in cannot cut through the backing regardless of the pressure setting. The blade simply isn't long enough to penetrate.