• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting oracal 3551g

nawor

I purchased some rolls of Oracal 3551g and 3165RA and having some trouble die cutting it. Does anyone know if we should be able to die cut this stuff?
We can cut simple shapes such as rectangles and squares but have trouble weeding more complex shapes like lettering. The vinyl appears to be thick and the cutter doesn't want to cut right through it. Is this stuff just not designed for die cutting or do we just need to adjust the cut pressure more?

nawor

Thanks for the welcome.

I've adjusted presure in Versaworks to 150 and it is cutting ok now.
I can't figure out why but when I cut from Flexi the pressure is lower. I set the cutter at 150 gs/m and then it reverts to 90 gs/m

Sign Works

Set the pressure on the printer, after setting to 150 hit enter.

BTW ... Die cutting is done with a die, not a cutter/plotter.

I can't figure out why but when I cut from Flexi the pressure is lower. I set the cutter at 150 gs/m and then it reverts to 90 gs/m
When you send a job in Flexi, check under the "options" tab. It sounds like you have a preset that is making the cutter default to a certain speed, pressure, etc.