• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Reflective Prints on Summa cutter (HP 64 plus)

Vinyl Monkeys

I always have a hard time trying to cut printed reflective on my machine. I have only got it to line up once. All the other time I waisted materials or end up cutting by hand. I have put white around the squares and in front of feed line. So I need to black dots with marker as well?. never had luck with scotch tape or matte. Never tried the yellow on lens just because I'm not sure if it matter on type of yellow and if it will mess everything else up. I really dont want to keep eating my costs. This happens with prismatic printed vinyl as well. using Latex 335 and plus cutter. with flexi software. Any pointers?

AMondor1

Turn the lights off in the room sometimes helps it read the plot marks, or we take the dots and about .25 of the white around them from a printe we already plotted and place them over the reflect dots

Gary1

All you need to do is calibrate the media. The reflective properties of the media varies when using a gloss laminate, matte laminate, reflective vinyls or 2 mil pvc vinyls.
Just do a calibration and leave the lights on and you'll be fine. No need to put White around crop marks. That is so time consuming. The sensor needs to be calibrated for the material being used....that's all.
Only time I put White around the crop marks is when I'm printing on imitation large or small engine turned gold. The texture throws off the calibration and cannot be calibrated, unless you have the unit with the Camera as I've been told.