• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting rhinestone templates

phototec

Ok folks I just started doing some rhinestone T-shirt designs and you need to cut the small circles in some template material. I'm using Illustrator for the artwork and Cutting Master2 to send files to the Graphtec FC-7000, however the small .127" circles are not completely cutting the circle I think the start and end points on the cut is just touching, not over cutting.

Doing research on a rhinestone templates, they recommend setting the cutter to OVER-CUT when making a circle, so the blade goes past the starting point a little after cutting the circle.

Anyone know HOW to make this adjustment, on the plotter or in CM2?

Thanks for any help, guidance, or suggestion....:thankyou:

WildWestDesigns

Ok folks I just started doing some rhinestone T-shirt designs and you need to cut the small circles in some template material. I'm using Illustrator for the artwork and Cutting Master2 to send files to the Graphtec FC-7000, however the small .127" circles are not completely cutting the circle I think the start and end points on the cut is just touching, not over cutting.

Doing research on a rhinestone templates, they recommend setting the cutter to OVER-CUT when making a circle, so the blade goes past the starting point a little after cutting the circle.

Anyone know HOW to make this adjustment, on the plotter or in CM2?

Thanks for any help, guidance, or suggestion....:thankyou:

Typically, that functionality is just checking an option box within your cutting software. Usually one that is either Bling centric or a module that focuses on Bling. Some cutters don't have that functionality built-in, if I recally correctly. Thus cannot read that functionality, especially through software.

The workaround would be to have two objects directly on top of one another in Ai. Either the second one being partial or whole. At least that has always worked for me.

Dennis422

Just set your CM2 on 2 pass cut and you'll be fine.
Or, install a CM3 and set your overcut there.

Use 60 degree blade

phototec

Just set your CM2 on 2 pass cut and you'll be fine.
Or, install a CM3 and set your overcut there.

Use 60 degree blade

Thanks for the info I have NEVER done 2 pass cut, where is that setting in CM2?

I was under the impression that CM# would NOT work with the FC-3000 series cutters?

:thankyou:

Dennis422

Thanks for the info I have NEVER done 2 pass cut, where is that setting in CM2?

I was under the impression that CM# would NOT work with the FC-3000 series cutters?

Do not remember where it is. It has been 2 years since I used CM2.
But I know it has that setting.I thought you said it is FC-7000

phototec

Do not remember where it is. It has been 2 years since I used CM2.
But I know it has that setting. I thought you said it is FC-7000

Yes I first said FC-7000, but I also have a CE-3000, so it was a typo, however I'm still tying to find out how to set the over cut?

Doing a search I found this post:

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?46058-Graphtec-not-completing-cuts

There is reference to enable the overcut feature on Graphtec FC7000, but no specifics on how to do it?

Anyone no WHERE/HOW?