• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Text (Specifically O and R)

EternalAudio

I have a Graphtec CE5000-60 that I just bought, and Im using FlexiSign Pro 7.6v2. I also have the full Adobe suite. (Photoshop, Illustrator etc)

My problem is when I am trying to cut text. I typed it into FS using the Comic Sans MS font. When I go to cut, the "O" does not cut fully around. There is quite a large section that does not get cut. Come to think of it, I also have a logo I am trying to cut that is an oval shape, and when it is cutting, it starts at the top of the oval, goes around and stops before it completes the oval.
The R also has the same problem. On the R it stops cutting at the bottom left of the inside portion of the R and directly below it on the bottom portion of the R.

Im pretty sure its just a setting I am missing somewhere... but I have no clue where... Any ideas? :)
<!-- / message -->

EternalAudio

Here are some attachments of what I am talking about.

Attachments

• test.JPG
    test.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Letters.JPG
    Letters.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 131

Idea Design

That first shot of the test triangle and square is AWFUL...

My guess is that it's a combo of two issues:

1. Your blade is extended too far for the media you are cutting.

2. Your blade holder is not tightened securely to the cutting head.

I cut that pattern on my graphtec all the time and I've never seen it look like that.

signage

Also when you do the test cut you should separate the square and leave the triangle to make sure you have cut correctly!

THATgirl

My old Roland PNC 1000 does the same thing. Doesn't cut all the way around O's. It is old but still works very well except for that.