• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting the contour cut out of Signlab v7.1

Slack11

I'm pretty close to throwing the ole computer through a window.....

I'm trying to cut the contour around a printed image and can't get this to work. My first problem is that I can't get signlab to give me type 1 or type 2 marks to use with my Q100 printer (same as graphtec). The manual says that in the cutter tab in the print and cut setup that there should be the option for type 1 and 2, but all I get is 1,2, and 3 point automatic registaion marks, which aren't what I need for the Q100. Anyone else run into this?

What I did try was to make registration marks from the shapes flyout menu, and then use these in my cutter. I'm not terribly sure how this works. I printed the image with these marks, put it in the cutter, then tried to send the cut job to the plotter. The print manager showed the job being sent, but the cutter sad idle. Is there something that I need to do to get the cutter to go for the marks? I've used flexi for the past year and that program would ask you to find the 1st mark right after you sent the job, then take off on it's own. Does signlab need me to do something else?

Sorry about the long post, and hopefully I'm just doing something simple wrong. I tried for hours last night to get this to work and couldn't. The user's manual seems to be about useless for this, it is way to general and doesn't lead you step by step through this process.

Again, any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Neil

Is this a printer or cutter or both?
Anyway, assuming you have a printer and cutter installed and the cutter has reg mark sensing...

Select the graphic to be printed and contour cut, make sure it has a contour cut line (dashed) around it.

Select print & cut.

Click ... next to "Printer".

Select cutter tab.

Select your cutter

Choose type 2 reg marks.

click ... next to type 2

enter size and offset and choose no. of marks.

Here's a pic of how it should look

Attachments

• Reg Marks.jpg
    Reg Marks.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 123

Slack11

Thanks for the help... I was wondering for a bit if I was gonna have to go it alone on this one. I have a Q series cutter, but it does have the ARMS system. My problem is that I cannot get the "Type 2" registration marks as an option to pick from the menu. After getting so frustrated with it, I left it for a while, I'm wondering if I have the wrong cutter installed from signlab. Since the Q series are really Graphtec cutters just rebranded, I picked a cutter that I thought was the same from the list, but not exact. I better go back through and recheck that. What you are describing is exacltly what I was trying to get to happen, I just could't get the "type 2" as an option.

I'll try looking at the installed cutter and see if I can't find something there.

Thanks for the help.

nate

Neil

There's probably a different driver for ones with and without ARMS.
You could try loading a graphtec driver - should work.
I have the FC7000 working beautifully for print & cut.