• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting - there's got to be a better way!

astaten

Right now, most of my signs are printed on a ValueJet printer, on Prism Jet 48100 Calendered Self Adhesive Matte Vinyl.

Once they are printed, I am using scissors to cut between each, then using a ruler as a straight edge with a safety Exacto knife to trim out each individual sign.

I find that this is an extremely slow and :banghead: tedious process, and I'm wondering...

Is There A Better Way??????

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We have a Rototrim Mastercut II we like alot for stuff like this. We bought one used on Amazon.

astaten

Devil in the Details

We have a Rototrim Mastercut II we like alot for stuff like this. We bought one used on Amazon.

What is the cut length on that? Most of the signs I've been asked to do so far are between 15" and 25" in length.
Also, how do you prevent the adhesive from gumming up the blade?

FatCat

I do have a vinyl cutter, but how do you negotiate the settings for the right shapes and distances?

Depends on your cutter, and if it has that feature. You basically add a cut line in your print file like you would for a contour cut but label it for what is require by your RIP/cutter and the cutter does the rest.

WB

1st thing I'd ask is why are you using sissors to cut in between prints,, just use you ruler and knife 1/2 the work right there.. mayeb you need a bigger table?

Keencut

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Thanks, I have a vinyl express Q54. I will try to play with it a bit later on :) anything is better than cutting 50 stop signs out by hand!!! @.@

That is a sign warehouse machine. contact them and ask them how to do it, they should be able to answer your questions on how to do that.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
What is the cut length on that? Most of the signs I've been asked to do so far are between 15" and 25" in length.
Also, how do you prevent the adhesive from gumming up the blade?

We have the 36" model. We haven't had a problem with adhesive yet. We cut alot of magnetic as well so maybe the going back and forth has saved us.