• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan printing light blue?

phototec

I have a Roland SP540V, using Roland Eco-Sol Max inks and using VersaWorks 5.3.2 and although I get a really good nozzle test print, all four colors with just a 1 slight deflection in the CYAN, the cyan is printing as a light blue, not a true CYAN blue.

I have printed out several large solid CYAN color blocks 3" x 27" and they are light blue, and not a true CYAN blue.

What would you think is causing this, could it be the damper?

Thanks for any help with this issue.

axelmk

Phototec, a few years back we had a similar issue. We printed printhead patterns and everything seemed OK with the printheads, until we realized that the problem was a Mislabeled cartridge that was Light Cyan instead of Cyan.
Double check that is not your case.

phototec

Thanks for the help, I did 3 regular cleanings and printed six 3" x 28" solid CYAN purge blocks and the CYAN came back to full color. I don't know what the problem was, but I am glad it is resolved...

StickerMC

Fat guy that makes stickers
My old Mutoh printers would do that when the seal would go bad on the capping station and the cyan head would draw black into it. I don't remember how long it would take to purge it, but I do remember it would take more than regular cleaning cycles.