• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Daige Solo Laminator

TDFcustomSL

You're right ... not gonna invest into a piece of junk, I think I'm gonna go with GFP

Why spend $2600 plus freight for a 30 inch, when you can get a 55 inch for 2698 WITH freight and motorized top roller or a 65 for $2898 WITH freight. Do some research on the US Tech machines, I think you'd be happy with the purchase in the end. Lots of people on here have them and have great luck with them. You could also go with a manual height adjustment top roller (which is what I have and have had no problems with pressure at all) 55" $2198 including freight and a 65 is $2398 with freight. Sometimes They'll throw in a roll of laminate which is great because if you've never used a laminator before you will have some wasted material. Just call and talk to Dave, he's very helpful and their machines have a 3 year warranty. There are many other brands out there that are the same machine but they re brand them to be "their own" (signwarehouse is one of them) I'm sure a lot of other guys will agree with what I'm saying. If you ever plan on needing a larger laminator buy it now if you have the room, you'll thank yourself later and save money. If you have any questions about the UStech, feel free to PM me and ill answer as much as I can. I've had mine about a year and a half.

Morph1

Print all
Why spend $2600 plus freight for a 30 inch, when you can get a 55 inch for 2698 WITH freight and motorized top roller or a 65 for $2898 WITH freight. Do some research on the US Tech machines

No doubt my friend you are right and believe me I would buy that monster without a question.... but I do work out of my basement and to transport 755 LBS down the stairs clearing x2 90 degree corners would be impossible... this is the reason I want to go with something lighter and the GFP 255 - 55" laminator weighs only 270 lbs , quite manageable weight and the price is good on top of that the equipment is very promising...
I have to make decisions based on the location of my business , at least for now..
If I had a full time shop with dedicated location I would not even hesitate to look elsewhere but to buy the UStech laminator.

TDFcustomSL

No doubt my friend you are right and believe me I would buy that monster without a question.... but I do work out of my basement and to transport 755 LBS down the stairs clearing x2 90 degree corners would be impossible... this is the reason I want to go with something lighter and the GFP 255 - 55" laminator weighs only 270 lbs , quite manageable weight and the price is good on top of that the equipment is very promising...
I have to make decisions based on the location of my business , at least for now..
If I had a full time shop with dedicated location I would not even hesitate to look elsewhere but to buy the UStech laminator.

Completely understand that. I too run out of a basement. And I am over crowded but make it work. Thankfully its a walk out so I could drive around back to unload the laminator, and printer and cutter when I got them. US Tech used to offer smaller machines. You could call and ask if they will get more in stock

Dennis422

I took mune US Tech 55" laminator down in a basement too.
4 guys, no problem. The only thing is that my steps are straight shot, no 90 degrees.
Also, the stand comes separate from the top. I put the stand together in the basement, and then we brought the top down. Top is about 250 pounds.

splizaat

I will have my 38" Daige Quickmount3 38" for sale very, very soon. Just put a brand new motor in it and has the step pedal. I also had a really nice roller stand welded up but it can't be disassembled so that'd be tough to ship. Let me know if you are interested. To be honest, I've maybe messed one print up on this thing in six years...maybe I'm just lucky, but I have incredible luck with this thing

I took mune US Tech 55" laminator down in a basement too.
4 guys, no problem. The only thing is that my steps are straight shot, no 90 degrees.
Also, the stand comes separate from the top. I put the stand together in the basement, and then we brought the top down. Top is about 250 pounds.

Daige Laminator I used was very dependent on too many variables. It takes experience and skill/talent to set it up. I learned that the feed roll loosens and needs tightening. The pressure knobs need to be even pressure, but there is really no way to count the turns reliably. Over tightening causes the top roller to bow up and wreaks havoc. Too loose and you have other problems.

Count the cost of mistakes and you'll probably have a grand of waste over a first few years in just material. Time wasted can never be reclaimed.

I think this forum has mentioned better options. I wish I had done research. I cannot say I'd recommend a Daige.

splizaat

On our daige I usually crank them all the way down as tight as they will go, and back them off 3/4 of a turn. Might be too tight? Might not be....but i've messed one print up in six years.

Sante230

Daige

I use my 38" daige almost every day and have next to no issues with it. I have screwed up way more with the "Big Squeege" then i have with the Daige. It all comes down to the user though. Even when I first got the daige I didn't mess up a lot. I just bought a UStech 65" so I listed my Daige on eBay. Here is a link if you are interested in saving a few bucks buying a used machine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daige-38-la...573?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e91955405

Diage> Big Squeege

I got the UStech because I needed larger then 38" or else I would keep the Daige.

Jason

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
does anyone know where could I buy big squeegee in Canada ?
The link in my signiture will take you to the Big Squeegee website. You can purchase direct or use one of our distributors in Canada. Cape Columbia has the best selection on hand in Canada. The Big Squeegee works just like a laminator. It is not like the squeegees you are use to using.

jtinker

Owner
Second that, just get a big squeegee until you can get a proper laminator or flatbed applicator. We had one of the machines you were going to buy at one of the first shops I worked at that it was a nightmare. I'd say the machine ate about 20% of all the prints put into. You cannot get a consistent result with it and it will only cost you more money in wasted material and time in the end.

splizaat

Second that, just get a big squeegee until you can get a proper laminator or flatbed applicator. We had one of the machines you were going to buy at one of the first shops I worked at that it was a nightmare. I'd say the machine ate about 20% of all the prints put into. You cannot get a consistent result with it and it will only cost you more money in wasted material and time in the end.

Sounds more like operator error....we have a daige quickmount3 38" and it works perfect, every single time. We messed the first print up that we laminated with it, and in seven years haven't messed one up since. That's not an exaggeration either.

I have a big squeegee for masking, and I've never been able to ever get it to laminate....but I'm willing to admit it's operator error.

jtinker

Owner
We had no problem with our SEAL EL 65 and our ledco laminators. The Daige always gave us problems for some reason, with the other machines i could laminate/mount 1000 prints and get maybe 10 mistakes out of the batch.

d fleming

Had my Daige for almost ten years. Replaced one motor and about to recover bottom roller from my error but for what the machine is and the money I can't complain. No comparison to the bigger better machines but for mounts and short lam runs it does fine. I mostly use a sled and don't bother with webbing it up but if I were a wrap shop or equivalent I would most likely spend the cash on a better unit. No complaints at all on the daige.

Steve Prince

Daige

Got a Daige 38" a few months ago. Use it everyday. Sometimes to laminate, always to apply. Works fantastic!! Held off for years because of the prices on all the others I saw. Then I found a killer deal and made it even better.