• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

damper replacement

signguy74

I have a truvis sg300 with the TR2 ink conversion. I have to service the machine myself now because tech's are 6 hours away. I'm thinking of replacing my dampers but have seen
post about it not being advisable not being a tech. I have the service manual i got on here. Is this something I can do myself.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Yes, you can do it yourself. Not really hard to do, if you're mechanically inclined. Just follow the steps in the service manual.

*Edit: The only thing you can't do is enter the service mode, but you don't have to for a damper replacement. Just make sure to not leak ink, that will cause damage and a big headache.

signguy74

Yes I have done cap tops and a few other things. Just seen some post saying it was more difficult with the sg and tr2 inks as opposed to the sp's.

cornholio

It's definitely more complicated to replace a damper on a SG or VG. I woudn't know how to do it, without taking the printhead/damper combination out of the carriage. When you do that, you need to adjust the heads after you reinstall them. Therefore you need to be in service mode. (There is a YouTube video, how to enter service mode on new Rolands without the Peck2 software...)