• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

deleting multiple masks shortcut ?!?

waximoff

first off I'm using Flexi 8.1 v1 and illy cs2.

My dilema is that I import files from illy that require some loving inside Flexi. (IE.. putting gradients back in, selecting lines for cut paths, and tweaking colors for optimal print results.) However some of my files when opened require up to 400 masks to removed before I can select all my work.
I literally have to right click>unmask then select out of the selction box, select the black box and delete.

I have been able to select all and unmask all but then I'm still stuck with deleting the black boxes one at a time.

Just wondering if anyone knows any shortcuts for this.

waximoff

thanks Jim, when you say "check off mask" do you mean uncheck it? cause it wasn't selected when I followed those directions. And when i did select the "mask" attribute, nothing was highlited or selecte on my artboard, so there was nothing to delete..

RVSG-THOM

An easy way I found is to just make that graphic one solid color, and then record the RGB or CMYK scale of the gradient that you have in Flexi and the recreate it in AI. But you will have the same issue coming back to Flexi. This is because Flexi interprets gradients differently that AI or Corel. It sees each color, so if you have 250 shades of two colors in a gradient, it sees each color and puts the mask on it that you are seeing in AI. So after you get the gradient that you want, and then just make it a bitmap, with a slight blur on it. I prefer to use Photoshop to create gradients because I can control the smoothness of the gradient more efficiently