• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dibond - how thick?

psbc2009

I have a client who has just ordered several full color signs on aluminum.
They vary in size 12"x12", 2'x8', 3'x5', 4'x6', 2'x16'(2pieces). The 2x16 will be flat mounted to brick and the others will be mounted to 4x4 post (2).
Will 3mm work for all of these cases or should i use 6mm or 1/4 alumacore??

Sign Works

If he ordered aluminum signs then I would use aluminum, .080 is generally my choice. How did you price the signs not even knowing what substrate you would and should use? :covereyes:

psbc2009

Dibond

Sorry, I explained the dibond material to the customer and a sample of it as well. He wanted alum or similar material and I like the dibond product.
I will be mounting digital prints to them.

Malkin

On the larger sizes that will catch some wind, you would be better off with Alumalite (or similar product) I would recommend 10mm thick.

Jackpine

I have a client who has just ordered several full color signs on aluminum.
They vary in size 12"x12", 2'x8', 3'x5', 4'x6', 2'x16'(2pieces). The 2x16 will be flat mounted to brick and the others will be mounted to 4x4 post (2).
Will 3mm work for all of these cases or should i use 6mm or 1/4 alumacore??
Installed on a brick wall the 3mm would be good but no for the post installed sign.