• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

die cut press/ laminate machine

apex

Why do people do this instead of running on a flexo press? It seems so labor intensive.

not familiar with flexo press,
i have a roland sp300v i was thinking that maybe i can use full pressure when plotting to cut all way through the backing paper also?
would that work?

splizaat

Roland printers/cutters have a special swatch they can use to "die cut" the stickers that cuts the actual paper after the stickers have been cut....although it KILLS the cut strip....

splizaat

PerfCutContour

yup. IT's a perforated cut that tells the blade to cut with special pressure in a perforated pattern, then you just pop the stickers out of the sheet wen it's done.

Make sure you include the price of a new cut strip everytime someone wants it though.... ;) For big orders, whats another $40 anyways though

visualeyez

I use a roland sp540v and die cut stickers without killing the cutting strip. With the correct amount of grit rollers, force, and cut passes for the media being used... it is possible to fine tune the cutting with a normal ContourCut to allow your decals to just pop out of the sheet.
For example on Arlon GTX unlaminated, I can do a single pass with 300g/f and it is perfect to just pop out the stickers. You might have to play with how much of your blade is exposed also. On laminated stuff, I use 2 cut passes with slightly less force.