• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Digital Print Burnout

Marlene

Did you explain to them when they bought them that they were temporary/short life signs? If so, they agreed to that and shouldn't be shocked. If you didn't tell them, they should be pretty ticked off that their signs only lasted three years.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, that's not very long for a digitally cast printed and laminated job, even for California. I would sooner think, you should get 4 to 5 years out of a good print job. I don't think your customer should hafta pay for a new sign. Perhaps, you could reprint and work a deal of some sort with him for maybe 50%.

If you bought 50,000 mile tires and they only lasted 30,000, they'd be pro-rated.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Well, that's not very long for a digitally cast printed and laminated job, even for California. I would sooner think, you should get 4 to 5 years out of a good print job. I don't think your customer should hafta pay for a new sign. Perhaps, you could reprint and work a deal of some sort with him for maybe 50%.

If you bought 50,000 mile tires and they only lasted 30,000, they'd be pro-rated.

As Gino says, unless you're using really cheap material or you didn't laminate your print, you should get five years MINIMUM out of a print.

Excluding extreme circumstances, of course.

fresh

I know I have a few jobs from when we first started where we used the wrong laminate and they discolored within a few years. I had someone bring back a sign last year that we did 5 or 6 years ago. We discounted the replacement.... that being said, i don't sell anything except temporary signs on calendared material anymore. If someone wants cheap, I'll either sell them coroplast or nothing at all. Its not worth the headache trying to convince someone to pay for the correct material.