• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Disconnected printhead when printer was plugged in

aboostani

I have a Mutoh VJ 426UF. After installing a new head, I did a nozzle check and noticed only one color wasn't printing. I figured something must be wrong with the damper and tried to change it. I accidentally disconnected one of the cables while the printer was in standby. The machine made some fan noise and I quickly unplugged the printer. But after changing the damper, I started getting missing colors and inconsistent results in the nozzle check. This situation is now the same as what I had before changing the printhead. I also changed the cables to ensure those are not the problem. So I'm wondering if it's possible that I destroyed the head by that cable incident or the problem is from somewhere else?
Before the accident, I was getting some cloudy spray on my cyan and that persists with little print I get on cyan. Please check the before and after below. I'm thinking I have to buy another expensive printerhead but before that, I thought I can get some help from the community here.

Attachments

• after-nozzel check.png
    after-nozzel check.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • before-nozzel check.png
    before-nozzel check.png
    1 MB · Views: 22