• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Disconnected printhead when printer was plugged in

aboostani

I have a Mutoh VJ 426UF. After installing a new head, I did a nozzle check and noticed only one color wasn't printing. I figured something must be wrong with the damper and tried to change it. I accidentally disconnected one of the cables while the printer was in standby. The machine made some fan noise and I quickly unplugged the printer. But after changing the damper, I started getting missing colors and inconsistent results in the nozzle check. This situation is now the same as what I had before changing the printhead. I also changed the cables to ensure those are not the problem. So I'm wondering if it's possible that I destroyed the head by that cable incident or the problem is from somewhere else?
Before the accident, I was getting some cloudy spray on my cyan and that persists with little print I get on cyan. Please check the before and after below. I'm thinking I have to buy another expensive printerhead but before that, I thought I can get some help from the community here.

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 54
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39

Terry01

Sounds more like you have air in the system. run an ink change sequence and see if it helps

aboostani

Terry01 I was able to attach the before and after incident nozzle tests. These are after a series of syringe air extraction, ink charge and cleaning and waisting so much ink out of the system. After each action, we got a new result in our nozzle test. So you don't think detaching the cable could have damaged the printerhead?

Terry01

Those test print weren't showing before.. Are the prints from the new head?? Also check that the printhead wiper is clean

aboostani

Terry01 Both are from the new head. One before changing the black damper and the others after I did the cable mistake. All other conditions the same. Air bubble extracted from lines, ink charge and cleaned. That's why I'm wondering if the cable mistake could have damaged the printerhead!