• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Distressed Wood Sign Painting

Hytek Tools

Hi all, I wrote this tutorial like a month ago and it is on my site and it would be great if it were of some benefit to someone here at signs 101.

Link to tutorial that is covering distressing wood signs using layers of wood stains, paints and distressing techniques. Thank you fror looking. You can see the full tutorial on my website.
http://www.nicecarvings.com/home/how-to-tutorials/distressed-painting-tutorial
How To Paint Rustic Signs.jpg

Last edited:

Hytek Tools

Thank you guys! I hope to make some more of these someday soon! I learned a lot from forums so I like to try and return the favor when possible.
Glad you like the write-up, I know it could be better. Need to take more pictures of the process and explain each step better. It was my first tutorial write up though som maybe I will get better at them.

:smile:

SignManiac

Very nice tutorial Melissa. And the work speaks for itself. I've only done a few somewhat distressed signs myself. Hard to break old habits. I smiled when I saw you roughing up your wood blank with the sawzall. I personally like the electric chain saw :)

Here's one I did recently for the reception area inside an office, only I inlaid the logo which was made from PVC. Do you also make "Non Distressed" signs also?

Edit: Never mind, just found your Gallery. Very nice style you have!

Attachments

• Hut no 8 reception.JPG
    Hut no 8 reception.JPG
    294.7 KB · Views: 125