• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone here make their own Plastisol Tranfers?

Graphics2u

I've been experimenting with plastisol transfers without alot of success. I'm using union ultra soft ink for them, got hot split transfer paper, but they just aren't working right. Seems like they are sticking to the transfer paper way too much. I've tried different temp setting for curing the transfers, usually around the 200 degree range. And I've used several different temps and time for the heat press.

Would anyone who makes these mind sharing some tips? You can PM me also and I'd be happy to call someone if you're willing to do that.

Thanks!

diamondavenue

You are going to get more staying on the paper using a hot split. Couple things to check, curing temp on the transfer when made? heat press temp and dwell time? are you using any powder topping to aid in transfer?

We don't make transfers but we use alot of them and most of our transfers, hot split or cold peel transfer at 375 degrees for 10-15 seconds at a medium-high pressure. Hope this helps some.

Graphics2u

You are going to get more staying on the paper using a hot split. Couple things to check, curing temp on the transfer when made? heat press temp and dwell time? are you using any powder topping to aid in transfer?
Maybe I need to be making thicker emulsion on the screens. That way there is a thicker layer of ink and more ink is staying on the garment. Does that sound right?

Graphics2u

We don't make transfers but we use alot of them and most of our transfers, hot split or cold peel transfer at 375 degrees for 10-15 seconds at a medium-high pressure. Hope this helps some.
That about the temps and dwell time I started with. I tried several diferent temps when it wasn't working right but 350-375 seemed to be best.

Graphics2u

No powder, They seemed to be sticking to the t-shirt alright. It was just you could see right through them.

What paper do you use? Do you prefer hot split or cold peel?

diamondavenue

I use cold peel, but thats one half dozen of another. Definitely try a thicker stencil it may help if coverage is the major issue. Without seeing it sounded as if you were "curing" or drying the transfers too much so there was then issues with it releasing from the paper.

Graphics2u

I use cold peel, but thats one half dozen of another. Definitely try a thicker stencil it may help if coverage is the major issue. Without seeing it sounded as if you were "curing" or drying the transfers too much so there was then issues with it releasing from the paper.
Do you use Cold Peel for any particular reason? In the past when I ordered them they always appeared a little more shiny when applied than the hot split, i didn't care for that as much. Maybe it was the paper they used. The hot split just felt more like a screen printed garment to me, but I didn't really use alot of the cold peel. Thanks for the input!