• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone know this symbol

SAR.Summerlin

So I have to recreate this sign and only have a low resolution image to go from. I will be doing it in Cut vinyl so I have to have vector. I am trying to figure out what the symbol next to the NRS in the lower right corner is called. I can't get a clean trace probably because it is friday. :smile:

Attachments

• scan0092.jpg
    scan0092.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 145

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
section symbol

pc: alt key and 0167 held down at same time

On a mac or pc using the glyphs table in Illustrator you just double click on it

fozzie

On a PC hold down the "alt" key and hit 2 and then 1 on the numeric keypad. §" That works. Also, you can hold down "ALT" and type in (making sure "Num Lock" is on, and you are using the larger keypad to the right of the alphabet on your keyboard, NOT the numbers above the alphabet) "0167" then release "ALT."

On a Mac: "To insert these characters, press the Option key (bottom of keyboard) then other "code" key to make the symbol appear...§ Section Symbol Option+6.

or just type "section" or "sec.". thats what the symbol means

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Don't know the name but it is alt + 0167

Or you can use START/WINDOWS ACCESSORIES/SYSTEM TOOLS/Character Map and copy and past it into your program.