• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone use a HP 8000

vectorterrorist

Does anyone own or operate a hp 8000 printer? I am learning the biz on this type of printer and I am having hell witht he colors.

I am pringting graphics for 4 wheelers and motorcycles. I am using convex matte vinyl and also arlon high gloss vinyl (havent actually printed on the arlon yet)

I printed on the convex and the colors come out dull. A employee at the shop tweaked the printer and got the colors to come out very vibrant and brighter BUT when I printed a some number plates and sat it beside another companies work...my pint job went back to look dull and faded.

my black does not come out BLACK BLACK it looks more like a charcoal grey-

It's not my actual printer so I dont want to tweak this thing TOO much and mess the settings up but I dont want to waste material with guessing.

any tips or secrets or a setting I might be missing?

Bill Modzel

I think your comparing your un-laminated print on mat vinyl with another companies print on gloss vinyl with a gloss laminate. Like night and day.
Give your Arlon a shot.
I run an HP9000 here and love the output. Bright and vivid colors.

D

Digitall

I have the 9000 and love it except for speed, you need to play with your settings, trial and error, and you will finally get it right. Good Luck