• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Does anyone use Google Ads?

SignDesignLady

Always Learning
I purchased my business from my former boss. It is an established, "small" business, 30+ years. Most customers are referrals and repeat customers. Things are kind of slow currently and I am exploring advertising options, specifically Google ads. Has anyone every used this and if so, does it help get more customers for you?

Saturn

Aging Member
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in ads unless you're in a huge market, but I WOULD make sure your Google Business Profile is polished and shiny. I bet it is, but leaning on some of those repeat customers for Google reviews would be better time/dollar investment from my point of view.

Instagram sucks, but it makes a quick and easy "portfolio page" that most of the population can check quickly. Also, liking and posting on local potential clients pages can go further than you think, just takes a little time.

Ryze Signs

For $10 a day we put one up. Got three decent jobs from it on the first day. It more than pays for itself. I'm sure every market is a little different so your mileage may vary.

Eforcer

Can you Invest $100 a week? Google (Yellow pages for me back then) at least 6-10 businesses that would be a good fit for your services. Get the individuals information of the persons in charge. Send out different promotional pieces once a week for a least 2 months. These pieces should represent all your can provide. After the initial mailings, attempt a cold call direct contact to those individuals. I did this 5 times in different periods in our business. I feel this is an area not utilize. I am not much for social media and my clientele are not too involved either. Remember, business people spend time on their business. Long story short, we still have 3 gorilla accounts from this campaign and haven't advertised since 2016. Trust yourself not others. No one else can promote your business better than you can.

BTW we received orders from many without calling. They simply contacted us for quotes/orders they just had a need for.