• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does "FlexiSign" do registration marks

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
We purchased 1 copy of FlexiSign and 1 copy of FlexiDesigner at the same time we purchased a new Graphtec FC8000-130. Since we don't do much cut vinyl yet, the main intention for the cutter was to do die cut/ perf cut decals. We already had Onyx Postershop 7.x to run the Mimaki, so we didn't need the RIP capabilities of the higher versions (FlexiPrint & Cut, FlexiExpert, FlexiSign-Pro).

My question... I can't seem to find the ability to add the registration marks to my artwork using FlexiSign. Is that only available as an option on the higher versions? If I had known that the cutter comes with the Cutting Master 2 plug-in for Illustrator, I would have bypassed Flexi all together. I've been able to do what I need so far with the CM2 plugin and the contour and perf cuts work great.

I like Flexi for the step/repeat functions as well as the dimension tools included, but I can't justify the money we spent on the software if this is the only thing we use it for and end up pulling everything back into Illustrator to output.

Any feedback is appreciated.

thewood

I think that the registration marks needed for contour cutting are applied in the RIP which is only available in FlexSIGN-PRO.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The Registration Marks are only put on the job when you print the job to Production Manager, to do this you would need Flexi PRINT & Cut or Flexi Pro.