• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does your GS6000 alert you when ink is low?

GoodPeopleFlags

We've had our GS6000 for a little over 2 years and as I recall, when one of the inks starts to get low, the ink level bar on the lcd screen will flash, letting me know it's going to run out soon. About a month ago, one of the inks ran out overnight and I thought, "Oh, crap! How did I miss that???". One of the other inks had been flashing "low" for a few days so I assumed I just didn't even notice that the other ink was flashing, too.

Today, I came in to find that the orange ink is out. There was no flashing warning last week that it was low. As a matter of fact, the person who orders supplies asked me how my inks were. I didn't want to make the same mistake I did last time, so I carefully looked over each one and told her the yellow was getting low but everything else was good. Now the orange is out and we can't print anything until tomorrow when we get one in.

Now I'm wondering, am I imagining that for the last 2 years, the ink levels would flash when they're getting low? I don't think I am. Just want to check before calling tech support. Sure, I can just keep a closer eye on it, and that's not a problem, but I want the machine to work like it's supposed to.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Check that the ink empty flag is not stuck on the cartridge.... little plastic bit that is supposed to stick out when the cartridge is empty. No experience with Epson carts but most of these machines use the same physical style cartridge. I've had this happen several times before. On a Mimaki - if that does not come out it just keeps right on printing too. :( Which ruins the print of course....

Rydaddy

From my experience it will "flash" for days letting you know that ink is low. I've actually looked into adjusting it because I feel it gives us more time than necessary. I take it your GS6000 does not give you this kind if warning in advance? Did it empty the orange cartridge overnight....

GoodPeopleFlags

Rydaddy, yes, that's what I'm talking about. I knew I wasn't imagining that! I had no "low flash" on a magenta last month and came in one morning and the ink was out. We don't have a local supplier for ink so we were down for 1 day. I figured that I just missed it somehow because another ink *was* flashing low. Well, I wasn't going to make that mistake again, so I carefully checked them all the other day and none were flashing low. The yellow was starting to get low and it was the lowest one but not flashing. Monday morning, came in and the orange was empty and we were down for that day.

Thanks for the confirmation on that! Going to give tech support a shout.