• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dongle shows up as a drive

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
On my old Gateway computer, the dongle never used to show up as a accessible drive. However it shows up as an active drive on newer computers I've used, and sometimes it gets de-activated when I accidently release the wrong drive when removing memory sticks.

I also find that SignLab refuses to open after I've used my camera in another USB port...it says the license files are missing, and I have to remove the camera and reboot the computer. It will open normally so long as I don't re-insert the camera USB.

I have a Dell 1600T workstation coming in two weeks, perhaps that won't behave the same way.

Anybody else have these issues?

JB

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Do you have your license file loaded on the hard drive?

I suspect they're not on the dongle because CadLink had to email another set of license files after they sent me the (upgraded from 7.1 to 8) (orange) dongle. Occasionally, I have to copy/drag them onto the workspace of an open SignLab file to keep it operational. So in that sense, yes, I would consider them loaded on the hard drive.

Not sure what to think.