• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double sided HDU Town sign

signmeup

Here is another sign I made for my hometown. I put it up this morning. It's 55" wide and has a 1" square steel frame inside so the local thugs can't smash throught it. The little oval sign in-set in the bottom is held by two embedded steel bars so it looks like its's floating there from the right distance.
When spring arrives I'm putting a stack stone flower bed around the base.
Forgot to mention; the posts are made by glueing and screwing 4 pieces of 1x4 pressure treated decking lumber together like a box. Makes a nice light, straight post.

Attachments

• Welcome1.jpg
    Welcome1.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Welcome2.jpg
    Welcome2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 106

GB2

Old Member
Those are very classic looking signs...if I were you, I'd be very proud to know they were mine!

bigwebman

Excellent job, beautiful, classic look. Great idea for posts, may use that one day! How did you set the posts in that frozen ground?

signmeup

gorgeous and the posts are exceptional!
Thanks. A post 6x6 was just too big for the size of the sign and I wanted pressure treated so I came up with this idea. The deck lumber has a rounded edge so I routed a groove with a V bit so it looked like a design element. Otherwise it would look like 4 round edge bourds screwed together.

SignManiac

I think all too often the post are often the bastard step child of the sign. With a little extra effort and attention to detail, the post can sometimes make or break an otherwise beautiful sign.

mrchips

Very nice!

I would have never thought of using gray on white......very classie!

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

signmeup

Excellent job, beautiful, classic look. Great idea for posts, may use that one day! How did you set the posts in that frozen ground?
I used quickcrete and hot water. It set up in about 20 minutes. It was only minus 2 or 3 the day I did it and the deep snow had kept the ground from freezing very deep.....yet.

signmeup

Very nice!

I would have never thought of using gray on white......very classie!

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!
Thanks, it's actually a toupey, gray/brown on almond. It was a crappy day for photography.....bad lighting.
The almond was matched to Alupanel for other projects in the town.

signmeup

Nice, I really like carved signs that aren't gold leaf.
Thanks. I snuck in a little gold on the back side. The next two signs I have to do have a lot of gold leaf on them. I do agree that it can make the lettering hard to read. Wide kerning helps.

BTW, all the text on this sign is sandblasted except for the word "Berwick" which is hand carved.