• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dry Erase in Canada

Sticky Signs

I have a client that wants a dry erase sandwich board. I know there's dry erase vinyl and lam but I've never used it before so I have no idea what to expect. Proveer sells the vinyl by the yard but I hear that it doesn't work so good. A few places sell the lam by the roll but it's pretty expensive and I only need about 12sq/ft. I've searched some other threads but I didnt' see anything that looked like a viable solution plus I'm running out of time. Any recommendations or experience would be appreciated.
Cheers
D

signmeup

I've got a job needing this coming up. I'll be watching with interest. Have you called TCT or Express?

signmeup

Express Sign Products 800-461-1722
TCT Graphic Supply 877-675-6690
Both good outfits. TCT has clear dry erase # S201 Didn't check Express.

gabagoo

TCT's dry erase lam is very hard to work with. I did not like it. ND sells a dry erase lam and you have to buy 12.5 yds at a time. It's called arctic or something similar. Again it is a very thin film with an even thinner backing paper. The good thing it is cheap as Borsht!!!! priced at about 5 or 6 bucks a linear yard

signmeup

Hard to work with in what way?
I need 3/4" x 3" rectangles of white dry erase. Does it only come as lam?

gabagoo

Hard to work with in what way?
I need 3/4" x 3" rectangles of white dry erase. Does it only come as lam?

The dry erase I get is a clear laminate. I am not aware of any white dry erase films available. You can Use the clear lam over whatever you are doing and it will work, I have done that in the past for large signs that needed 1 or 2 areas for a changeable written message...and it works fine.

Sticky Signs

Just got off the phone with ND. Gabagoo, you are correct, it's cheap compared to the cost of Proveer's vinyl. Plus, now all I have to do is print the graphics, apply lam and voila. The vinyl route would involve a bunch more work.

gabagoo

So what did find hard to work with on the TCT stuff?

TCT will work fine for what you are doing. The material is like ultra thin mylar, very rigid unlike a thin vinyl, so it can crinkle when squeegeeing, but just be careful with it, you will be fine.

Sticky Signs

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm still waiting for the quote to be approved but it looks like I'll be going with ND. The price is right plus I'll have some leftover material for later use.
Cheers
D