• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dry erase laminate

GVP

Does anyone know if dry erase laminate deteriorates as it gets older? We have an 'a' board we covered with some laminate we had in stock (don't know how old it is) and although it worked fine in our shop, the customer has reported that after being outside for a few days, the writing is impossible to get off cleanly, and leaves a "shadow" behind.

Any thoughts? We will make it right, of course, but curious as to why.

Ponto

We've had similar complaints.......are you able to reveal the brand used...I will be changing changing suppliers on our next purchase.

JP

Sign Eagle

We use WetPet from Fellers. Have not seen any problems so far. Was told the dri erase would deteriorate in 8-12 months outside.

Sticky Signs

I've been told to use a dry erase marker over the "shadow" and wipe it immediately. It's suppose to take the shadow off to. Never tried myself but who knows, might be worth a shot.

digitalwoodshop

I went thought Navy Instructor School in the early 80's when Great Lakes was changing from Chalk to Dry Marker Boards and it was common for someone to slip in a permanent Marker and make a mess....

The Fix was to scribble over the permanent marker line in small areas and wipe while wet. Works... The Solvent in the Dry Marker...

I have some 24 x 48 Sublimation Hardboard that a customer just called about tonight to make a A Frame Sandwich board with some Vinyl on it and a place to add Dry Marker info.... Hope it lasts longer than a few months.... I will use a Edge Guard and seal the ends.... Could even use a wood frame....

AL