• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dumb (and possibly profitable) Uses for Large UV Flatbeds?

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
So, I am getting good at finding and fixing up Mimaki JFX's for dirt cheap. Sold a couple of them and made a good chunk of them. Are they worth running for printing though? We can run them dirt cheap (most we've ever paid for a JFX200 was $8K, and we do all repairs, mods and maintenance in-house), and we've made lots of stupid prints with them. The JFX500s are pretty quick, but the most common thing we do is corrugated plastic signs, which, aren't great as far as profitability. ACM/DiBond/StarBond is great to print, but most people out here from the end-user standpoint seems to look at me like I am talking about something they build spaceships from. I guess if push comes to shove, I can keep refurbishing the things. Since we help people keep them running, there's no shortage of shops in Texas and other neighboring states we can sell them to. Don't have a good CNC cutter for 4x8 stuff just yet, but that's probably next on the list.

Currently sitting on JFX200 (LUS-150 ink), JFX200 EX (converting to LUS-170), JFX500 (LUS-150) with all printers running clear/white as well. The next JFX500 will probably run LUS-120 or LUS-170 when I am done with getting it back up and running.

(Oops, posted to General forums, not Flatbeds, oh well.)

netsol

So, I am getting good at finding and fixing up Mimaki JFX's for dirt cheap. Sold a couple of them and made a good chunk of them. Are they worth running for printing though? We can run them dirt cheap (most we've ever paid for a JFX200 was $8K, and we do all repairs, mods and maintenance in-house), and we've made lots of stupid prints with them. The JFX500s are pretty quick, but the most common thing we do is corrugated plastic signs, which, aren't great as far as profitability. ACM/DiBond/StarBond is great to print, but most people out here from the end-user standpoint seems to look at me like I am talking about something they build spaceships from. I guess if push comes to shove, I can keep refurbishing the things. Since we help people keep them running, there's no shortage of shops in Texas and other neighboring states we can sell them to. Don't have a good CNC cutter for 4x8 stuff just yet, but that's probably next on the list.

Currently sitting on JFX200 (LUS-150 ink), JFX200 EX (converting to LUS-170), JFX500 (LUS-150) with all printers running clear/white as well. The next JFX500 will probably run LUS-120 or LUS-170 when I am done with getting it back up and running.

(Oops, posted to General forums, not Flatbeds, oh well.)
LOTS OF STUPID PRINTS?
what are you doing? stealing my client base?
i thought i was specializing in stupid