• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Durst omega 1 vs HP FB500

Rickii

Hey, we are a company specialiced in exclusive stickers/emblems.
We are looking for a new printer and we have been looking at the new Durst omega 1 and the HP FB500.

Anyone have anyone of these and can give some pros/cons?

We print a ton off stickers that we later apply dome too.
Take a look at www.Stalama.se for a look at what we do for a view at what we might need.
The website is very new so currently dont have a english version but just go to http://stalama.se/Domedekaler.html for a look at what we do.

We had a Arizona 350 GT before but the ink was so hard that it cracked when we cut it with our Zünd.

We are printing on foils like 3M 3698, 3M 3690, 3M 7903, 3M 7908, 3M 7925, Oracal 651-751 and MacTac 8129 / 5829.
So we use both sheets and rolls.

Hope someone can help us.

Cheers
Sebastian Tåli

particleman

I really don't know anything about the Omega 1 so that will be a hard comparison to make. I can tell you though we are really happy with our FB500. We replaced our Agfa M4F with the HP and haven't looked back. The ink on the HP is much more flexible than the Agfa ink and does cut better on a flatbed cutter.

PM me if you have any questions about the FB500