• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dx5/dx7 maintenance station repairs

benski

Anybody have luck fixing maintenance stations? I have more than half dozen of these some less than year old. Motor, pump works but will not pull ink. New caps did not help either. Anyone try to replace tubing inside pump? Can’t see anything else going wrong. Or should I just toss them. Im guessing tubing cracks or dry up. Just seems like a waste to toss them out.

Last edited:

netsol

i have been tempted to make a project of doing the rebuilds...

they don't look that complicated to me.

(i am starting to be more adventurous with my mutohs. in another year i will be as confident with mutohs as i am with my rolands)

damonCA21

Replacing tubing in pumps is pretty easy, but you need to make sure you get the correct stuff that won't melt from solvent inks. They could also just be blocked and need flushing out

netsol

i am not sure what tubing i would use that STAYS FLEXIBLE over the course of SEVERAL YEARS in contact with ECO SOLVENT or, worse yet, MP31 inks.

i red a thread somewhere regarding mutoh, sending replacement CARDS if your inks read empty with significant ink still in the cartridge/bags. they offer you replacement once., if it happens again they require you to change the maintenance station. IT CERTAINLY SEEMS with that pump style, the failure would be the tubing (compressed by the eccentric) either getting too soft (so it expands) or too hard (either one of which would reduce the amount of ink moved in a cycle)

DON'T DISCARD THOSE MAINTENANCE STATIONS. we have some work to do, though, identifying a suitable tubing for this

netsol

i think, though, this is the diffrence between how long an original maintenance station lasts &'how longbthe 3rd party ones last. maybe i will give dave callender (from eco solvent conversion) a call . he hs been doing this longer than most of us & often has great sources for things like this

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've rebuilt them before but it's a big PITA. What kind of ink are you using? These maintenance stations should last a long time. I've seen people go 5+ years on one with just changing the cap top periodically.