• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

.DXF Files

Matt Cuellar

Hello,

Are there any other softwares that recognize .DXF files outside of Gerber? If not, would anyone be willing to convert some .DXF files to EPS or PDF files for me? Please let me know, thanks!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Illustrator, CorelDRAW, FlexiSign and pretty much everything else out there recognizes DXF to some extent. It can be a problematic file format in some flavors and no problem in others. It's mostly a matter of what application generated the DXF and how the file was setup in the first place. Most architects have no clue.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Illustrator, CorelDRAW, FlexiSign and pretty much everything else out there recognizes DXF to some extent. It can be a problematic file format in some flavors and no problem in others. It's mostly a matter of what application generated the DXF and how the file was setup in the first place. Most architects have no clue.

if you know someone that has autocad, they can import the dxf, and if it is still in segments, they can convert them to poly line somewhat easier than corel.

Now that I think about it, CasMate can import the file, and connect the nodes with the node edit tool (just drag a box around the 2 nodes, and it connects)

if you would like, you can send it to me, and I can fool with it.

kottwitz.graphics@comcast.net

ScottyDoo

We send DXF's to our guy that does Waterjetting, and he's an AutoCAD house. I've got AutoCAD here as well.

Matt Cuellar

These files are for a custom furniture company here in Seattle. They pen plot these dwg files then contour cut them with an offset for their furniture templates and other cool stuff. They're looking at some new technology so I'm doing some tests with these files on our Graphtec for them.

I ended up opening them with Illustrator CS2, no problems, then pen-plotted to our Graphtec FC-7000 with Cutting Master then re-sent the job to contour cut with the offset through Cutting Master again and it seemed to work well. Thanks for all the input guys, I love this forum!