• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E074Err CR2 ??

LenXIII

Does anyone know what causes this error?

I have gotten it about 4 times in the last 2 days, now it did it twice in a row when starting a banner. It prints about 2-4 passes and errors out! I have no idea whats going on.

LenXIII

Its worse than i thought. I cannot get past the first half-inch now. It just errors out after 2 passes, I have tried multiple times. I wonder what is causing this!

MacDaddy

Clean the Encoder Strip and/or the Encoder Wheel if it is a VJ Printer.... Check to make sure nothing is impeading Head Carriage Movement from left to right... Make sure you are not getting any Head Strikes...

randya

the CR2 error is a bit of a catch all for a variety of errors.

Definitely, check the carriage for smooth travel.

MacDaddy beat to the punch on the other items.

LenXIII

Another thing that is weird is the mesh on the left side was clean for the longest time, now that this error is occuring that mesh is starting to get saturated. Everything is clean and smooth, what the heck is going on!!

LenXIII

UPDATE: Mutoh called me back and told me to check the carriage lock-back bracket. I noticed a thread on here where someones problem was caused by this bracket being bent. Mine is just barely bent, if at all, but I will try adjusting it to see if that fixes it. I dont see how that could cause the problem though because it still doesn't look like anything touches it reguadless. I will let you guys know shortly how it turns out.

Thanks for the help so far.

LenXIII

GRRR I adjusted it and it seemed to work, again it was barely bent so I am still skepital that was the issue. 3/4 of the way through a print I just got the error again while messing with the take-up roller. The last time it happened I was also messing with the takeup, but only like 1/4 in to a print. I know the takeup as nothing to do with the machine, but im thinking the vibration or something could be causing it? Are these machines that sensitive that if you bump them they stop?

LenXIII

OK This question is important so I dont go and break something like an idiot.

Can the printer operate safely without that lockback bracket? I took it out JUST to see if it would start printing without error and it did. So I guess I am convinved it is the bracket. I will take a picture soon because this bracket looks perfect and I dont know how to make it any better. What part of the carriage is hitting what part of this bracket to cause the error?

LenXIII

OK WTF It just got the error, it is not that bracket. It happened THE SECOND i turned on the auto-takeup. I am stumped!!!

randya

No, I have physically moved printers while they are printing.

It could happen if it is having trouble reading either the timing strip or pf encoder and got bumped.

Are you under warranty?

LenXIII

Thats a tricky question. Turns out the person I am "leasing" it from never registered it. It is still registered under the dealer, so any warranty work is going to be tough to get going. It is suposed to be under warranty for another month or so, we shall see.

randya

Thats a tricky question. Turns out the person I am "leasing" it from never registered it. It is still registered under the dealer, so any warranty work is going to be tough to get going. It is suposed to be under warranty for another month or so, we shall see.

That does sound like it might be tricky.

PM me your contact information and printer serial # and I can check for you.

If you are under warranty and can make it error out, I can help.

LenXIII

Yea Randy is a great guy! I pmed him and got a call 5 mins later. Thank you for everyones help. I will post what the issue was when it is resolved for future reference.

randya

Yea Randy is a great guy! I pmed him and got a call 5 mins later. Thank you for everyones help. I will post what the issue was when it is resolved for future reference.

Alright, I have good news!

This printer is still under the warranty period, it just needs to be registered.
Go to the Mutoh website
www.mutoh.com

Find the Warranty tab and register the printer.

Here is the direct link:
http://www.mutoh.com/support/warranty1.html

Then contact your dealer (Signwarehouse?) and describe your problem and request a service call.