• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EcoSol MAX or Latex-which ink?

Bruce G.

Can you print window clings on white media? That would eliminate the white ink needed to print on the clear window clings. The silver seems to cost about twice as much as the other colors and it can't be used on tees, but I would guess it does make killer stickers and small indoor signs.

iprint

In my experience so called "good deals" are just a sales tactic to make you decide on a purchase on their time frame. I guarantee that if you went to the salesperson 2 days after the "good deal" ended and offered the same amount, he might have to talk to his "manager" but they would still honor the so called deal. Don't make hasty decisions, make informed ones. Do some research prior to making the purchase. You will thank yourself in the long run.

Bruce G.

OK, I decided!
It is the Roland VS300 (not a wide format).
And I added a Royal Sovereign 32" Cold Pressure Sensitive Wide Format Roll Laminator RSC-820CLS.

Now the ink configuration. I still think for window stickers and indoor signs the silver gives me a leg-up on the other shops. The stickers may not last as long as they would without the silver, but they will sell and "how long does a sticker (window/bumper) have to last before it gets old and louses its appeal? I can still change the ink configuration before delivery, so keep providing your thoughts about the white and silver. You all have the experience I am trying to tap. AND I really appreciate all the time and effort you expend to give me your thoughts.

xxaxx

White and silver are really nice as long as you use them constantly ... if not, it is an expensive waste. I would recommend you do like Watson suggested earlier and do a search for threads on white and silver inks and make a good, informed decision.

kanini

Good decision on the Roland, you won't be disappointed!

In my opinion it could be hard to upsell the metallic printed products for the price they would need to be (more expensive inks, lamination needed on ALL products, much longer printing time). The customer simply either expects to get the metallic for (almost) the same price as standard colors or then go with standard colors only. I also thought about the advantage over competitors with the metallic inks with my last purchase, and it is cool the first prints you see with it, but be realistic and calculate how much metallic/white you can actually sell. Have you had ANY real inquiries about the special colors the last year? How much more money do they want to spend to get those colors? Do you currently have a good subcontractor that has white and/or metallic capabilities or could you find one?

Could it be better to gain speed on you machine and sub out those one-two jobs per year that could need white/metallic and not having to deal with the hassle and expense of special colors instead?
It's your decision, but once again I'd strongly recommend you to consider if you really need the special colors.

The VS is a good machine so you won't be disappointed in that aspect. Good luck!

FrankW

The wash resistance of transfers printed with latex is much higher than that printed with eco-solvent.