• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Emergency vehicle reflective striping

AGinVT

My company has printed and applied many police decals, but not so many FD vehicles. Any suggestions for red and yellow reflective striping on a truck tailgate? We usually print on 3M780 for vehicles, but I'm not sure it will have enough pop for this job.

Attachments

• Image 9-27-19 at 11.27 AM.jpg
    Image 9-27-19 at 11.27 AM.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 424

pjfmeister

We have done that same tailgate wrap on a Ram Truck for our local FPD. We used standard cut vinyl yellow reflective on the excessive curved tailgate and the install was difficult and fairly tedious. The new Avery V-4000EZRS comes in Yellow and would probably make the installation much friendlier....

unclebun

You just buy rolls of reflective striping made for exactly this application. No printing necessary. Why do people think everything has to be printed nowadays?

AGinVT

Lol. I've been scouring Grimco, trying different search criteria to find that exact thing. I knew I had seen striping in wide rolls. Thank you.

unclebun

Look in the traffic section for 3M Diamond Grade Conspicuity Tape Series 983. Comes in white, alternating 6" red/white, red, yellow, fluorescent yellow, fluorescent yellow-green, 11" red/7" white alternating in 1", 2", 3", 4" and 6" 50yd rolls. They also have Series 963 but not as many colors.

AGinVT

Also an excellent option. Thank you. We definitely won't need a 50yd roll, but Fellers offers the Oracal option in a 30" x 5yd and up sizes which should fit the bill. Thanks again.