• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Employee Morale

DerbyCitySignGuy

I agree with this but the thing missing is that many small business owners are treading water just the same as their employees and the rest are making a living but are not knocking it out of the park. There is no doubt that there is a major fleecing going on and workers are collateral damage. It's not coming from small business owners. Heck, many large companies don't give small business a fair shake either. We lost our 2nd largest customer to a big buyout and we will now be lucky to get crumbs if anything at all.
As far as the entitled attitudes, it's an age thing not generational. Throughout time most teens and early 20s have an inflated view of their worth and some never grow out of it.

You're not wrong. The adage "with age comes wisdom" has stood the test of time for a reason. I realize not all small companies can afford to do these things, but any effort is better than none. If you can't pay your employees more or provide monetary benefits, give them a sense of ownership and value within your company. Treating an employee like a person instead of another tool in your toolbox goes a long way.

equippaint

You still cant be a d*ck and make it up with money and donuts. When people dont like their employer but get paid much more than they could earn elsewhere they feel trapped. That is a huge morale killer too.

DerbyCitySignGuy

You still cant be a d*ck and make it up with money and donuts. When people dont like their employer but get paid much more than they could earn elsewhere they feel trapped. That is a huge morale killer too.

That's also true. The gist is: be nice to your employees. Not everybody gets that though. They're usually CEOs making $200,000 a minute. Backstabbing and using other people as stepping stones gets you to the top apparently.

Maybe nobody should listen to me. Haha!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's also true. The gist is: be nice to your employees. Not everybody gets that though. They're usually CEOs making $200,000 a minute. Backstabbing and using other people as stepping stones gets you to the top apparently.

Maybe nobody should listen to me. Haha!

Now you're catching on........................ :clapping:

mmblarg

I think the number of people you have under you is a big factor - I work in a little 5 person business (2 owners, store manager, production worker, and myself) because we're all in each other's space every day, we thrive off of communication and just being a family. We bicker, poke fun at each other, take turns bringing in sweets, etc. I've personally never been as happy in any large company as I am here because I was just a replaceable working drone in corporate - here, I'm listened to and relied upon - makes a huge difference if you are able to make your workers feel that what they think and do is valued and actually impacts the business.