• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ENCAD 700 (quad black experiment) need volunteer.

artbot

hey signs101ers. i need someone to help me with some rip experiments. i am trying to acquire some new equipment for my monochrome printing techniques.

one option is to run an encad 700 series (60") in cadjet "fast black" or KKKK mode. ...this mode prints black at 565sfph!

i've been communicating with pinebush technologies about modifying the VRExpress rip that comes with a cadjet so that i can print 60" wide. but they don't have an encad test printer. so they've asked me to do a couple experiments on "my encad". i just recently got rid of my cadjet3d and 505.

could someone contact me that has a 700, 750, maybe a 600 would work? i have a 19k .prn file that is ripped to a KKKK file. i need someone to print the .prn and see just what happens. does your printer go nuts and spit out a horizontal rainbow at 565sfph? if so, i'm done making me and everyone at pinebush technologies miserable.!!!

thanks in advance!

aa

Last edited:

artbot

in actuality they will be filled with clear latex ink base or some kind of alcohol resin based ink. but the printer will assume it factory ink. the issue is that the printer just printing "black" from one head is running FOUR times slower than from all four heads staggered.

some of the techniques is use have risky dyne issues. the less time the ink has between jetting and getting popped with some heat the better. speed is the key to it working well. not to mention i over print a sheet over course of a week six or so times. that's a lot of time per square foot on the printer.

i bought this ex-cnc laser table today it's 7'x 24'. i'll shorten it into a 7' x 14' flatbed printer.

Attachments

• cnc printer.jpg
    cnc printer.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 103
  • cnc printer 3.jpg
    cnc printer 3.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 115
  • cnc printer 2.jpg
    cnc printer 2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 98

artbot

we will see! actually there is a good chance that hp latex will be a top experimental ink too. i'll just heat up a spot of aluminum and print a test. if it works, i can put an IR bar across the font of the gantry. with the thermal head all you have to do is match cps and boiling point. the boiling point or head temp can be adjusted so it sounds plausable.

the table is a very serious vacuum table so i should be able to control buckling. no matter what ink i put in the printer, the heads only cost $8 each. still mostly it will print varnishes.