• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Encad Novajet 880

Hello, I get a lot of work for indoor prints on foam core and choroplast. We currently have an XC-540 so we have to print then mount. Does anyone have any experience with the Encad Novajet 880. Someone is selling me one and i read that i can print directly to ridged materials is this true. Any ideas, We are not looking to spend much yet until we get more work like this so right now a few grand is ok to spend to start developing this market for is... Even if its only indoors...

Thanks

Hzone15

Evening:

The encad 880 is a thermal printer that can only run certain rigid materials. Most would need to have an inket coating otherwise the ink will not settle properly. You will not be able to run typical flatbed materials such as Coroplast, Sintra, dibond, aluminums and and many many more.

Most likely you will be limited to paperbased materials with special coatings.

H