• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Encoder Strip Dirty?

J

john1

Hey guys, I am printing some black and white prints and up close there is little left to right fuzzy lines throughout the prints.

Could this mean the encoder strip is dirty? If so, on a Versacamm SP300i where is that strip exactly? I know the XC models have a hatch that flips up to clean it but the Versacamm 30" doesn't that i can see.

I have had the printer a few years and never had to clean this strip or had any issues.

I did open up the control cover and there is some ink splatter below the wipers (below both). The splatters have always been there but i haven't had any print quality issues. The fuzziness isn't crazy but just something i took notice to while looking up close.

Using OEM inks, printing on GF concept 201 matte vinyl, standard print quality and printing a vector EPS file.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: