• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

.EPS files from AI

swarnes

Hi,

The Eps files from AI are printing with the cutline colour then cutting 2x with only one cut line, how to fix please?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Hmmm, I don't see anything in the file in Illy that should cause this. I've had this problem too on random occasions. super annoying because I could never figure out why it would cut twice. :popcorn:

SigSignsMT

I would try making a new file; copy and paste all the info into a new doc, save it as a .eps and also as a .pdf, try both of those files. If you save as a .pdf and bring it into Versaworks, it will see the extra white on artboard, fyi.

Maybe even try restarting Versaworks and run as admin; right click Versaworks program and click run as admin.

FCD

I had this issue with eps files as well. Cutting paths twice when there was one cut line. It would do it on 90% of files. That was with the Flexi Rip. I Switched to onyx and the same files cut correctly with only one cut every time.

MrDav3C

Haven't looked at the file due to being out of office, obvious things to check are the stroke width of the cut path being set correctly & also that cut all paths isn't checked in versaworks

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
we see this issue often with Ai files into corel draw. you have to break all the curves apart and start deleting pieces of the font and or graphic and you will have multiple layers.
Very annoying.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Save the shape of your cutpath as a filled object, not a stroked object.
If you absolutely HAVE to save it as a stroke, then set it to .125 pt stroke width and it should only cut one path.