• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Epson 40600 problem and help required : Power Cable Error

PhantomSteve

Hi All,

I have an Epson 40600 and it is giving the following error:
Power Cable Error - Plug in #2 power cable. Turn power off and on again

Epson tech guy has changed (which are all the parts recommended by the service manual):

- 2174251 - EPSON SC40610 BOARD ASSY MAIN
- 2188981 - EPSON SC-T3200PS POWER SUPPLY
- FA06171 - EP SC-S30600 LFP PRINT HEAD
- IH ASSY.RE ESLA.

And it's still dead.
Six weeks — into the seventh week now!!!
And now they will replace all the components again — but due to a stock take, they can't release the parts until next week !!!
Seriously.
I am in South Africa, and Epson's servicing is done by PartServe — which has a very poor reputation.

So I have 2 questions:
— Has anyone had experience with this error and knows of a fix — or a person to contact who may know of a fix?
— Does anyone have a contact at Epson who is in a position with some clout who can possibly jump on these fools at PartServe?
I have tried generic contact details for Epson Europe and the USA, but they keep referring me to Epson South Africa (who do not reply).
I need someone who will make things happen.

Any answers or help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
This is by far the worst service experience I have had to date, and I've been in this game for over 20 years.

PhantomSteve

Hi All,

I have an Epson 40600 and it is giving the following error:
Power Cable Error - Plug in #2 power cable. Turn power off and on again

Epson tech guy has changed (which are all the parts recommended by the service manual):

- 2174251 - EPSON SC40610 BOARD ASSY MAIN
- 2188981 - EPSON SC-T3200PS POWER SUPPLY
- FA06171 - EP SC-S30600 LFP PRINT HEAD
- IH ASSY.RE ESLA.

And it's still dead.
Six weeks — into the seventh week now!!!
And now they will replace all the components again — but due to a stock take, they can't release the parts until next week !!!
Seriously.
I am in South Africa, and Epson's servicing is done by PartServe — which has a very poor reputation.

So I have 2 questions:
— Has anyone had experience with this error and knows of a fix — or a person to contact who may know of a fix?
— Does anyone have a contact at Epson who is in a position with some clout who can possibly jump on these fools at PartServe?
I have tried generic contact details for Epson Europe and the USA, but they keep referring me to Epson South Africa (who do not reply).
I need someone who will make things happen.

Any answers or help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
This is by far the worst service experience I have had to date, and I've been in this game for over 20 years.
It's not an important post for the general user — but I would like to clarify that while I am not a fan of PartServe's service — the technician is a great guy. He is very careful and meticulous. If he wasn't I wouldn't let him near the machine. ;o)

jfiscus

Rap Master
Are you SURE SURE that the cable itself or what you're plugging it into (surge protector) is not bad?

PhantomSteve

Are you SURE SURE that the cable itself or what you're plugging it into (surge protector) is not bad?
That would be one for the books ;o)
It has two power cables and they both run from a power supply regulator (South Africa has fluctuating power problems and daily power failures thanks to the failure of the useless and corrupt government).
We've swapped the cables, run them directly from the source, changed the source, changed the physical cables — you name it we tried it.
It seems to be a fairly common problem with the 40600, 60600 and 80600 series printers.
Unfortunately, the error message is vague.
The tech guy has performed the required parts replacement (4 parts in total including the main board, power board, ink cartridge holder and head!!).
On Monday he is back with a new set of the same 4 parts and he will try again.
Apparently, they have contacted Europe for advice — and this is the recommended fix.
If it does work, I will insist they take the parts and check which one is actually faulty — all 4 going wrong at the same time seems unlikely.

PhantomSteve

So they replaced all 4 parts as mentioned above. Still has the same error.
Any idea what Epson (or any other manufacturer's) obligation is to fix a printer?
What do they do if they can't fix it?