• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EPSON 9880 chips not being recognized...printer will not turn on

gabagoo

This question is for my screen printer who has an Epson for printing his artwork to shoot screens. I know iin the past he had tried the refillable cartridges as he only needed to run black but had some trouble and went back to 4 col process using OEM cartridges. Today the printer will not recognize the chips and refuses to run. Any ideas how he can get around this problem?

WalkerP

A few questions:

The same OEM chips/carts worked fine before today?
-If so, has he tried removing/reseating carts? Has he tried unplugging and rebooting printer?

Does he still have the refill carts or another set of OEMs he could try? He can try to see if those read.

Did they have a storm or any other chance of electrical disturbance? I've seen power surges blast chips many times.

gabagoo

A few questions:

The same OEM chips/carts worked fine before today?
-If so, has he tried removing/reseating carts? Has he tried unplugging and rebooting printer?

Does he still have the refill carts or another set of OEMs he could try? He can try to see if those read.

Did they have a storm or any other chance of electrical disturbance? I've seen power surges blast chips many times.

Thank you, I will pass the questions on to him.

jfiscus

Rap Master
When I ran an Epson GS6000 one time I got a cartridge that had a bad chip. If that cartridge was inserted the machine wouldn't read any of the cartridges.
I would have him pull the cartridges one at a time and see if any of the others start to show up.