• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 9880 - Media Type Setting Question - First Print

MAMEdInCanada

Trying to make my first print. I added a ICC profile for my LexJet ToughCoat AquaVinyl PSA through my computer's control panel, using the Color Management option. The LexJet ToughCoat AquaVinyl PSA shows up in Illustrator(CS3), however, in the Epson Printing Preferences dialog box, for Media Settings : Media Type the only options showing up are Epson.

Custom Settings for Media Type allow an import of an *.MSF file? What's that?

From the web, it say's just pick a similar Epson option to the media your printing on. I don't see any self-adhesive vinyl options, I was thinking of selecting Standard Proofing Paper Adh.

printer-media-type.jpg

Jackpine

Trying to make my first print. I added a ICC profile for my LexJet ToughCoat AquaVinyl PSA through my computer's control panel, using the Color Management option. The LexJet ToughCoat AquaVinyl PSA shows up in Illustrator(CS3), however, in the Epson Printing Preferences dialog box, for Media Settings : Media Type the only options showing up are Epson.

Custom Settings for Media Type allow an import of an *.MSF file? What's that?

From the web, it say's just pick a similar Epson option to the media your printing on. I don't see any self-adhesive vinyl options, I was thinking of selecting Standard Proofing Paper Adh.

View attachment 103026

Select synthetic adhesive for vinyl in the print manager. On an Epson 7700 settings speed 720 x 720 it prints fast and excellent quality. I'm not at that computer but I believe it is listed as other. There is a synthetic adhesive and a synthetic non adhesive.

Last edited: