• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 9900

Nstep007

Hi every one, im new to the forum, hope all is well. i have been looking to buy a printer here recently, and i am kinda confused. unfortunatly i dont have $20,000 to spend right now, my budget is only about $3,500-$5,000. now i am not sure if this printer is able to do veichle wraps or not, i know id it did, i would have to seem alot, but thats ok. i dont know if "frog juice" would keep it from fading? i also have a client that buys alot of bumper stckers from me (6.5"x11") and i have to out source them out, but would like to do them myself. i would also like to do banners, posters, etc... any tips and pointers for the newbie would be greatly appriciated!!! Thank you everyone!!!

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Epson 9900 will not do vehicle wrap. Ink will fade out.

Check out below machines:

Least expensive Mimaki JV3 (ebay, craigslist)
Most widely used Mutoh Valuejet, Roland Versacamm(ebay, craigslist)

More information, go to forum, select mutoh, roladn or mimaki or check out the vehicle wrap section.

Youtube channels will help. www.youtube.com and key in vehicle wrap

Nstep007

thanx for the advice, other then veichle wraps will it be good for decals, and bumper stickers and so on and so forth? i heard if you spray frog juice on the vinyl, it will last for years. any thoughts?

OlsonSigns601

Welcome and Get a larger budget...

You might be able to find a used printer for about 5k, but not the support & training you get when you buy a new one you might find it a little overwhelming.

Besides a printer you're going to need a Laminator for wraps, and you'll need a cutter if you want something to cut those bumper stickers and decals out.

As for the frog juice, I put it on a sign about 2 years ago. I'm sure it faded a little bit, but for the most part, it still looks good. I've also got signs up without Frog Juice that still look good.

Back to the printer. Finance one. I'm sure for about $400-$500 a month you can get all the equipment you need. But in order to pay for it, you'll need jobs, to get jobs you need clients, to get clients you need experience.

Good Luck.

Nstep007

thanks for your reply. i have a few clients right now, and i have a large paper trimer to cut the decals and the bumper stickers, and also have a plotter that can contour cut as well. im still in the learning stage of printing. and the only thing i can really see in my budget in the epson lines. now besides car wraps, would the printer be a good starter? and sorry for all the novice questions, im sure it come with my low budget. i really appriciate every ones help...

ThinkRight

thanks for your reply. i have a few clients right now, and i have a large paper trimer to cut the decals and the bumper stickers, and also have a plotter that can contour cut as well. im still in the learning stage of printing. and the only thing i can really see in my budget in the epson lines. now besides car wraps, would the printer be a good starter? and sorry for all the novice questions, im sure it come with my low budget. i really appriciate every ones help...

Look at a Summa DC4
A great print cut solution.
Used if kept clean will work for you.

Cale Frederick

The Epson 9900 is an aqueous based printer, which means the inks are water based.they will only hold up for a few months outdoors for a few months even with laminate. Vinyl available for aqueous printers will not perform well during the installation of the wrap. They will not conform arround curves or into recessed areas of the vehicle. Most wrap providers use solvent based machines. Their prints will last a few years outdoor even without lamination. I would find a merchant member on this forum to print for you while you save some more money to buy a decent printer. Also check around for wrap material suppliers in your area. We often have our suppliers call us to see if someone can come to our shop to see how our equipment... so I'm sure you could do the same. They usually won't send you to someone right down the street due to obvious reasons but normally a few cities over or to someone with similar equipment but different products. PM me if you have any detailed questions about printers, I loe researching equipment and materials for the fun of it and the boss is impressed when he ask why this and not that.