• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EPSON - New Products?

JamesLam

Is Epson coming out with new stuff? I see a lot of vendors plugging Epson printers from about 25% to 40% off.

JamesLam

Yeah they were calling the eco sol printer at Drupa a concept machine that they hope to release next year. Looks like it has green inks added to it.
Green as in the colour or the environment?

Either way, just like Teslas, there will be a lot of used Epsons coming on the market at very discounted prices.

SlikGRFX

Yeah they were calling the eco sol printer at Drupa a concept machine that they hope to release next year. Looks like it has green inks added to it.
Correct, the new machines have green but they are discontinuing metallic ink, although they said support and inks will be available well into the future. Both eco solvent and dye sub will share the same chassis. The dye sub has neon ink. Release is sometime in 2025.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
Funny that Epson is adding green inks to their production machines, when Canon have dropped green from their "fine art" aqueous machines (and also brought out a version with fluorescent inks).